I love making nut butter because it is so easy and tastes so so good. My favourite of all the nut butters that I make would have to be the cashew, and I love eating it with celery. I also make Almond and Peanut butters. When making your butter you will have to listen to your machine as to when you need to scrape down the sides.
200 g Nut
- Place the nuts in the TM bowl and grind speed 7 / 1 min.
- Scrape down the sides and repeat till smooth.
- I repeat this process in 30 sec intervals.
- If you like a crunchy butter, you will need to place you smooth butter in a container and then place 50g of nuts into the TM bowl and pulse.
I know this recipe is in the everyday cooking for every family but I have a friend that loves my mayo but she doesn’t own a Thermomix. So I thought I would put it up here so that she can make it in her food processor. The recipe in the Thermomix book sais to separate the egg and then add the white in after the oil and once the mayo is thick. I found this step not necessary, as using the whole egg in the beginning works just fine
1 – 2 Cloves Garlic
1 Egg room temp
1 tsp Apple cider vinegar
Salt and pepper
250 g Grapeseed oil
- Place the garlic into the TM bowl and chop for 5 sec / speed 9. Then scrape down the sides.
- Insert the Butterfly, then place the egg, mustard, salt and pepper and vinegar into the TM bowl and mix 1 min / speed 4.
- Now you need to set the TM to 4-6 min / speed 4. Turn the TM on and slowly add the oil to the lid of the TM bowl with MC on.