Happy Easter every one. Here is a easy recipe for you to whip on this long weekend.
430g GF Plain Flour
2 ¼ tsp Guar Gum
1 Tbs coconut sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp Nutmeg
¼ cup Saltaners
¼ cup Cranberries
¼ cup DF Chocolate chips
¼ cup Coconut Oil
1 tsp Apple Cider
1 ¼ cup Warm water
- Place all the dry ingredients into the TM bowl and combine 10 sec / speed 3.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and combine 1 min / closed lid / dough.
- Tip out your dough onto the dough mat and divide into 16 equal portions, then shape and place on your oven tray.
- Cover the shaped buns with the dough mat and allow them to rise for an hour in a warm position.
- Before the hour is up turn on your oven to pre-heat to 150 degrees.
- Bake your buns for 15 – 20 minutes. Or until golden on top.
These buns are just divine straight out of the oven with a little coconut oil or honey.
We hope you have a safe and enjoyable Easter.
1/2 cup lemon juice
1/2 cup honey
1/2 cup cashew pieces
4 room temp eggs
1/3 cup full-fat coconut milk
1/4 cup Coconut oil melted
1/4 cup cornflour
2/3 cup coconut flour, sifted
1 tsp baking soda
- Place the Lemon juice, honey and cashew into the TM bowl and puree 1 min / speed 7.
- Add the eggs, coconut milk and coconut oil into the TM bowl and mix 30 sec / speed 4.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to the TM bowl and combine 30 sec / speed 4.
- Scoop the batter into a greased pan and bake 175 degrees for 30 min.
- Once the cake is cooked allow it to cool in the pan for around 15 min then remove it from the pan and allow it to cool completely on a cooling rack.
It’s a very special day today for us here at Lucas Lifestyle, It’s our babies 10th birthday. That’s right people we now have all our children in double digits. Not only is it our babies 10th it’s also her grandfathers 70th in 2 more days. So celebrations galore was to be had for the whole day.
1 cup Sugar
1 cup Gluten free SR Flour
½ tsp xantham / gare Gum
½ tsp salt
1 ¾ cup egg white
1 ½ tsp cream of tartar
- Preheat your oven to 175 degrees.
- Place the Sugar into the TM bowl and grind for 30 sec / speed 7.
- Place the Butterfly into the TM bowl and then add the flour, salt and gum and aerate speed 3 / 30 sec.
- Carefully place your flour sugar mix into a separate bowl and set aside.
- You now have to clean out your TM bowl but please do this with a dry cloth to get all the flour out so that it doesn’t contaminate the egg whites.
- Insert the Butterfly into the TM bowl, followed by the egg whites, water and cream of tartar. Beat with the MC off 50 degrees / 3 -5 min / speed 4.
- You now need to place half your flour mixture to the TM bowl and combine 20 sec / speed 2.
- Add the rest of the flour and repeat the process until all combined
- Carefully transfer the cake mixture into your ungreased spring form tube pan. Run a butter knife carefully through the batter to release any trapped pockets of air. Smooth the top with a silicone spatula. The pan will be nearly full.
- Bake your cake at 175 degrees for around 30 to 40 min or until lightly brown on top and you skewer comes out clean. Your cake should springs back when pushed gently.
- Once cooked take it out of the oven and place it upside down and raised up from your bench and allow it to cool for around 1 hour. Remove from pan and allow to finish cooling on a wire rack.
- It is now time to eat all your hard work. ENJOY
Ahh donuts, they bring back so many fabulous memories of when my kids were babies and after having story time at our local library we would head over to the shops and have fresh hot cinnamon donuts as our treat for the week. Even now as I walk past the fresh donut shops I think gee I would love one of them right now J.
1 cup (120g) Almonds
2 tsp Honey
½ tsp Vanilla concentrate
¼ tsp Bi-Carb soda
¼ tsp Baking Powder GF
2 Tbs Cocoa Powder
½ Cup coconut milk
- Add the Almonds to the TM bowl 1 min / speed 8. Scrape down the sides and repeat till you reach a nut butter consistency. You may find doing it in 20 or 30 sec blocks works better for you. Time will vary depending on the oil content of the nut.
- Once you have formed a nut butter you then need to add the rest of your ingredients to the TM bowl and mix 1 min / speed 4.
- Place you mixture into a pre oiled doughnut tray and back in the oven at 175 degrees for 15 min.
- Allow the donuts to cool for around 10 min in the tray then take them out and allow to fully cool on a cooling rack. Or you could eat them while still warm
Once your donuts are cool you can then ice them if you wish. I iced mine with coconut butter.
‘Original recipe from The Spunky Coconut’